We went to catch the subway and I noticed some people not wearing pants. I mentioned to Tyler that something must be going on, and Tyler looked at one of the guys and said, "Oh, he's just in running shorts." I pointed to the girl in the hot pink undies pictured here and said, "is she in running shorts, too?" After seeing here, he realized something MUST be up. Someone asked them why they weren't wearing pants and they responded, "what are you talking about?" Needless to say, it was quite a scene. Young and old, male and female, all wearing coats, hats, backpacks, boots, you name it, just not pants. I looked it up on line later and it's just a pants-less protest. They have no cause, they're just messing around. It started in NY and spread out from there. It was FREEZING outside. They're all NUTS!
We rode the subway to Arlington Cemetery, just in time to see them close the gates. So we decided to reenact our summer trip here, and we walked across the bridge into D.C. As you can see from my picture, I was FREEZING, and I wasn't going to mess around!
All our pictures from the summer trip to D.C. magically disappeared, so we did out best to take a bunch. D.C. in the winter is great, there are SO fewer people around!
Tyler, just after presenting. He did AMAZING!! He presented right after me. It was VERY cool to be able to present that way.
Tyler was flying our the afternoon that we presented, so he packed his bag and we took the subway to Arlington. This was the last sight on his, "I REALLY want to see this" list.
One of the other research assistants, Shar
On our way out, we saw this. I guess when you're buried in Arlington, your casket is carried by horse. What an honorable experience.
Tyler had to run to catch his plane, so Shar and I walked from Arlington over to D.C. again. I took pictures of her around the monuments, then we headed to the white house.
I flew home the next day. It was a very fun trip. I'm SO glad that Tyler got to come this year. On a side note, I heard, yesterday, that my paper has been accepted for publication in the Transportation Research Record (TRR)!!! This is a hardbound reference volume that is used by researchers in my field very heavily. VERY COOL!!!! :) If I do say so myself....



1 comment:
I dont understand how BOTH of you got to present!! Of all the odds. And super big congrats on getting published, that's so cool! And geez it looked freezing there.
Post a Comment