Here's my parents wiener dog, Charlie. He FREAKS out when anyone enters the house, but as soon as he figures out you're OK, he stops barking. Really, everyone is OK to him, so he's pretty much the best "alarm" dog in the world, and the worst guard dog in the world. Meh, good enough, right?
The next day was Father's Day so we gave my dad lei's and see's candy, then went to church where all the boys got more lei's. Latter that night we had a family party at the fale. Here's me and Grandpa.
After the party, we took the excess food over the feed Sara's many animals.
Tara and Corbin. I know it looks like he's waving, but he was actually doing his best to get that helmet off.
Here's me, going down the "bump" road- so named for the 1000's of speed bumps. I realize that I look less than impressive, but I was EXCERSIZING people!
Pretty much right after we got there, the wind picked up and it started to rain. The wind was the reason we left. Ever been near sand when the wind picks up? NOT fun. That stuff HURTS! Now rain, I can handle. Have you ever noticed how people at the BEACH run for cover when it rains? Funny how they're so afraid of getting wet.... It's especially funny when people get out of the ocean or the pool when it starts to rain.
Tara was the last one to go out, mainly because she broke the paddle. JK, it mysteriously snapped in half. Totally not her fault.
Corbin LOVED out little blow-up matress. Mostly because it was the right height for him to crawl up on.
The next day ( the day of Meagan's WEDDING- post to follow) Tyler, Denita, Grandma, Kaden, and I snuck out to the beach. We made it to Waimea Bay just in time for Kaden to wake up, around 7 am. He REALLY wanted to dig a hole (and by that, I mean he really wanted someone to dig a hole for him), so Tyler dug him a really deep hole that he could hide completely in.
Some snorkelers said they saw turtles out by a rock in the middle of the bay, so we got this crazy idea to SWIM out to meet them, with no masks or anything. In case you read this Denita, I NEVER would have done it without you! I'm such a wuss! Our underwater camera takes pretty good pictures! I knew they were somewhere around where we were, so I just put the camera under the water and snapped a bunch of shots. Almost every one had turtles in them!



1 comment:
I miss Hawaii!!! Those shots of Waimea brought back all the memories...I stood on top of that cliff for a good 20 minutes until I worked up enough courage to actually jump. There was a little 5-yr old kid who jumped 10 times before I jumped once. He was heckling me...
I want to go back!!!
Post a Comment