The balloons were really cool

I just really thought it was neat that the band had this girl in a wheelchair participate with them.
They were spinning the balloon. They would only spin the balloon if you made LOTS of noise as they passed. We got ALL the balloons to spin!!!!
Here are the missionaries running down the street. The kids all got to give them high-fives, so it was pretty much their favorite part of the parade.
Now these guys are pretty much the reason for the parade. It was so cool when they all came by. I love my country and get teary-eyed whenever I think about the sacrifices these guys make for us every day.
This guy was walking by with his gun. My cousin asked if he could touch it. It said, "no, of course not" and the guys was like, "yeah, sure, here you go." Huh.

This made me laugh so hard. It made me think of Emperors New Groove and I thought to myself, "llama-face"

How cool is this? If I could play one instrument without all the pain of actually learning it, it would DEFINITELY be the fiddle!!!
This float was for a restaurant that is about to open. They took over one of the local dollar theaters. If this isn't the coolest restaurant ever, I will be SO disappointed!!

This is my uncle who lives in a home on Center street. After my grandma left (she had watched the parade with him) I found him in his kitchen, still watching the festivities.















4 comments:
Way to make a girl homesick;)! I love the parade and 4th in general when we are in Utah. The pictures were great. I can't believe how grown up people look. It has been too long since we have been home.
Awe, we need to be more festive
Great post! So funny that you took that Pirate Island pic! Guess who owns that place?! The husband of my visiting teaching companion! I just find it ironic, considering I was SO sad about that old theatre. :) Anyway, apparently the soon-to-be chef there used to be the head chef for Chili's or something. It looks amazing on the inside apparently & the menu is awesome. We'll have to go on a double date there once it opens! (You're right - It better be the most amazing restaurant ever!) :)
P.S. Did I say "apparently" enough?! LOL.
Post a Comment