Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Recent Happenings

On Thursday night we went to Wal-Mart. I've been wanting to make applesauce for a while now. Wal-Mart had some cheaper apples in a large bin so a baught about 12 of them. When we got home I made applesauce for the first time ever. I learned something very important. Granny Smith apples are VERY hard to make sweet in applesauce. Anyway, I had so much fun doing it that I wanted to make more!

SO, Tyler and I went on a date last night. (I know, cute, right?) Anyway, we went to a local apple orchard and bought a bushel of apples, 2 different kinds in the mix. Then we bought an apple peeler because we thought it sounded like a good tool to make the work a little easier. We went to a couple different stores to find a good deal, and ended up finding a GREEN one! All the apple peelers I've seen before have been red, which wouldn't have been bad, but I LOVE green. Anyway. Then we took a break from the apples and went to a movie. We saw Get Smart at the dollar theatre.
I have NEVER laughed so hard in my life, I swear! And everyone in the theater was laughing, out loud, non stop as well. This movie has got to be one of my favorites. I think we're definitely going to purchase it when it comes out on DVD. After the movie we went home and I started peeling apples immediately. I made one batch of yummy applesauce. Pictures to follow in a later post. The apple peeler was AMAZING! I can't believe how easy applesauce is to make, how yummy it tastes, and how good for you it is! I can't wait to have my kids help me peel apples to make this yummy treat.

This morning we woke up early and went to a couple of garage sales. We found this famliy that was moving that was selling their stuff SUPER cheap. We got a bunch of fun stuff for a baby **NOT PREGNANT** some time in the future. The deals were so good that we just couldn't pass them up. While we were out, all bundled up, the temperature dropped. It was actually SNOWING while we were digging through peoples junk in their front yard. I HATE winter. Seriously. Snow is not my friend. Anyway. After we got home the power went out, so no heat, no TV, no stove to make applesauce, no computer to do homework.........SERIOUSLY, why did it have to be snowing so we couldn't even go outside?!?!!? I'm not excited for winter. I can't wait for it to be over....already......

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I miss the cold weather! I'm dying for some crisp fall air.

The Kammeyers said...

I think the applesauce date sounds like a great idea! :) And I concur about Get Smart. Aaron and I saw it up in Rexburg and LOVED it! Let's have a Get Smart Party when it comes out on DVD! :)