Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've had a pretty good day....


Well, I must say, as days go, this one was pretty good. So here's my list:

1. I got to sleep in because I finished the homework that was due this morning, last night. Yeah for me!

2. I usually can't do my homework without help, so that in itself was wonderful.

3. Before I went to class I checked my e-mail, as usual. In my inbox I found the summary for a mid-semester evaluation that I asked my students to fill out. I typically HATE evaluations because they're not usually very good. I'm a new teacher, and therefore, not very good. Anyway, I debated whether or not I should read them, and I decided I would. This would typically end up making me cry. Like I said- usually not good, but I want to do better. As I read through the responses, I was pleasantly surprised. I still have some things to work on, but the majority of the students who responded to the survey seem to like me, enjoy my classes, think I know a lot, and feel like they are learning pertinent information. Well, YEAH FOR ME!!

4. On my way across campus I ran into an friend that I haven't seen in a while and we chatted. It was really fun to catch up with her. I enjoy talking to other women who are going through problems similar to mine. I don't feel so alone.

5. While I was collecting some of my corrected homework, my professor came out of his office and asked me if I wanted some good news. I was a little hesitant- "good" is a very relative term. But I said yes. He told me that I did well on my exam. Last week I took an exam where everything was written/ fill in the blanks so to immediate response on a grade. I've been wondering how I did ever since. So the good news- he told me that I did well. I had a momentary bit of excitement, then said, "wait, how good is "good"?". He told me that he remembered writing something like "great job" on it. Well now, "great job" can't be mediocre!! SO I was pretty excited about that. I went back to my office to check what the grade actually was online, and A!!!!! AMAZING! I'm very thankful to all those who helped me study, and to my Heavenly Father for helping me remember everything I learned!

6. I had a lab today for my soil class. Normally I have to write a long paper about the lab and everything that happened. Today's lab was visually classifying soils. This means we got to play with dirt, making mud balls and little snakes. Then, SURPRISE! No paper!! Oh yes, now this day is getting GREAT!

7. When I was done with my lab, Tyler and I got to meet up with my cousin Suzi who I see maybe twice a year. She's the cousin who is closest to my age, and who I spent the most time with growing up. So it was really fun to see her.

8. I had an interview for visiting teaching. Not the fun part. But they had snacks!! Mmmmm

9. Now we're enjoying ice cream with some of our favorite friends. What a good day!!!

10. I have to have a 10.... my husband is AMAZING!!!

4 comments:

Brit said...

that's awesome you had such a great day! Yeah!

The Horn Family said...

It's always nice to reflect on your day and how it went. It's even better when you realize just how good it was. Yeah for you! I hope there are many more good days to come.

Lynne said...

Maile, you're so cute! I'm glad you had a good day!

Cassie said...

This is why I went to hair school :)