Last night we went to our first Halloween party of the season. The decorations were amazing! They even had glasses dripping with "blood" (which was really yummy corn syrup, and blended perfectly with the tart juice). Dan and Rebecca did an amazing job.
Tyler dressed up as "white trash" complete with the disgusting wig that will "accidentally" disappear one of these days. When I was home this summer, going through some of my boxes of old stuff, I found this poodle skirt (really a phone skirt) that I made back in high school. I LOVED to swing dance back then. Anyway, when I found it I thought for sure I would never fit it. I was tiny in high school. When I tried it on last week, it fit!! It sits much higher on my waist now, but STILL!!! So I just had to wear it! Some of the yummy juice got spilled on it, so unless anyone knows a good way to clean felt, this may be its last year, but we'll see.


By the way, that's my foot sticking up. I know it looks silly...

See the blood dripping off the cups? Yum. And creepy.

Dan putting some final touches on the ghoulish dining room.


We LOVED his costume!!

I took out the poofy skirt. I couldn't get in the car....

One of the games was this banana eating contest. When Diana pulled out the nylons, I assumed we'd be putting the whole thing in the nylon and having to squeeze it out to eat it or something. No. It was MUCH worse.... the nylons went over our heads.....

Bananas DO NOT go through nylon. No matter how hard you suck.....

If it looks gross, trust me, it was MUCH more gross to experience then to just see a picture of. I've attached a video so you can feel like you were actually there! Watch at your own risk....
5 comments:
Wow! That's a fancy halloween party. But the bananas....not sure how I feel about the bananas. Isn't it awesome fit in to old clothes?! I found jeans that I wore when I first met kent and after we got married, I couldn't even get them over my hips. But they fit fine now! (well.. a couple months ago. not sure now)
Looks like a great party, Maile! Sorry to say that our's might be a bit more, um... low-key?! :)
I've really enjoyed your blog, by the way. Your updates are always awesome! Way to go!
Looks like a great party! I loved your costumes--very creative! Tyler could just take a bite of his costume if he got hungry at the party! I've got some great stuff called "Juice Out" that might take the juice out of your skirt--bring it with you this weekend.
love the costumes! Love to swing dance!
Ok, I just watched that video with no sound, and I was still laughing! I want to try that!
Post a Comment