Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!

I've had a wonderful Mother's Day! Tyler had to go out of town, he's actually spending Mother's Day with MY mom! Before he went out of town, he took me to my most favorite restaurant: Olive Garden. I had the soup, salad, and bread sticks. It was DELICIOUS!
Then, before he left, he let me open my presents. He got me some pink tools, all for myself YEAH!!! I hate digging through his tool box!



What to Expect the First Year, so I can know what I'm doing when I have this baby!


Some New Moon trading cards, because he knows I have an obsession...


And he got me this gorgeous picture. I honestly can't think of a better way to comfort me, as a mother, than to give me a reminder that my children will never be alone when they feel scared.

I'm really sad that he can't be here, but I'm so happy to finally be able to celebrate this holiday. Whether or not I have a child in my arms, I have already altered many of the things in my life to take care of the baby growing inside me, and I'm preparing to alter everything else about my life when this little bundle of joy arrives!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Wow, you got some great gifts, Maile! Happy first Mother's Day to you!!! Do you know the name of the picture that Tyler gave you? I'd like to look into getting one for our house. Let me know if you do. Thanks, and again, Congratulations!

Kara said...

I haven't told you congratulations yet on being pregnant! I'm so excited for you! I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

The Kammeyers said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Maile! I've updated my blog - finally. :)

BTW, your Mother's Day gifts are awesome! I love the What To Expect books. The First Year is just as great as the Pregnancy one I think. It's going to be a really quick Utah trip next week, but I hope we get the chance to chat about our pregnancies & such1 :)