Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ultrasound Pictures


While I realize these pictures may just be something "only a mother could love," I thought I'd post them anyway.

We had an ultrasounds at 8 weeks. You can't see much, but this was our first glimpse of the little peanut. The heart beat was already strong at this point. I was also measuring "big" but this doesn't technically mean anything, I'm coming to find out.



We had another ultrasound today at about 13.5 weeks. The baby's heart rate was 150. I was measuring almost 15 weeks. Once again, this is somewhat meaningless...... The baby was looking like a baby! We saw hands, feet, fingers, and toes. We even saw hands waving and feet kicking! The ultrasound tech was having a hard time getting good shots, but what we have here is:

1. An arm in the left side of the shot, and a cute little leg towards the right side. The leg is bent and you can see the thigh, the knee is bent, and then the calf. There might even be some little toes in there!

2. This is the baby's face. Remember, I'm only supposed to be 13.5 weeks along which means the baby's skin is still really transparent, and the bones are only just starting to harden. The baby's head is on its side, forehead to the left, chin to the right. Can you see the eyes and adorable button nose?

3. Last, we have a little arm with a balled up fist, pointing to the left. The fist is in front of the head.



Well, there you have it! The first official photos of the newest baby Rogers!!! The baby was too little for the ultrasound tech to confidently guess at a gender, but by the 20 week appointment, we'll know whether to be picking out blue or pink booties!!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

So so exciting! Isn't it the best to see them up there on the little screen? Can't wait to hear what you're having!