Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Plant Identification

I need help from you guys. I've shown pictures of my plants before and here's an updated one. One of my bean plants actually has a FLOWER! Now that I remember back to 6th grade science, yeah, they should be flowering. But I had no idea until this morning that I would get flowers and vegetables! First timer here guys..... anyway, the other dilemma. My tomato plants haven't been growing, and my parsley plants have been doing the best. The other day I decided to smell my little plants. Silly, right? But my "parsley" plant has the very distinct smell of a tomato plant! I'm thinking I must have mixed up the seeds or something. You know what I mean, right? Tomato plants have a very distinct smell. When they're growing wild in a field, you can smell them a mile away. Should parsley plants smell this way too? I'm also uploaded pictures of both of the plants so you guys can help me decide. Did I mix up the seeds? Do I actually have problems with my parsley and NOT my tomato?

Here's the flower on my bean plant....precious.... ;)


Here's most of them. I'm thinking my beans may be "vine" and not "bush" and that's why they're all leaning over. Help with this as well?


Here's all of them. The lettuce off to the right isn't doing so well. I think our hurricane force winds broke their stems. :(


Here's a close-up of the "parsley" plants, could they be tomato?!

Here's a close-up of the "tomato" plants that still have to be in the house because they're so small. Could they really be parsley?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You definitely mixed up the seeds! I've never seen at tomato plant look like that bottom picture, and that other picture sure doesn't look like parsley. So congrats on well-growing tomato plants!