Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Go Karts and the Draper Temple

Last weekend, Tyler and I were able to spend time with some of our good friends, Kent and Cassie. It was Cassie's birthday, so we all went go kart riding. Cassie, I'm stealing some of your pictures because I can't get to mine right now! I sat out, but was the official photographer.


Here's the three racers: Kent, Cassie, and Tyler


Waiting to go

We also went to a movie together that night, at the dollar theater. Honestly, living next to a dollar theater (they recently raised their prices to $1.25) makes us so dang cheap. I just can't pay full price for movies any more. What a waste. We went to see Twilight. Cassie had just recently been seduced.....so it was her first time. It was my forth and Tyler's third. He's so nice for taking me so many times. I promise I won't make him go again! (In the theaters that is)


On Friday we had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house. We went with Tyler's cousin and his wife, Travis and Heidi. We moved to Spanish Fork and they just happened to live lest than half a mile down the road. So we hang out with them a lot. We had dinner together, then drove up to Draper. Our appointment was for 8:40 pm. I'd heard that a lot of people who went later in the evenings had to wait in long lines so we were a little worried that we might be waiting forever. We got a little lost so we were a few minutes late. They let us sneak in to the video you have to watch before you go in for the tour. Then they bussed us to the Temple. It was really cold outside. Much colder at the Temple than at the church. We were very happy that they had white tent-tunnels built up for us to wait in line in. They had little heaters blowing warm air into the tunnel. The four of us tried to stall the line whenever we happened to be in front of one. They started the tour in a little tiny entry way. They had said that the Temple was a "small" temple. When we walked into the building, I couldn't believe how tiny it really was. As it turns out, they were taking us through the entrance for the Baptismal Font first. The workmanship was amazing. Everything was so beautiful. The last room of the tour was one of the sealing rooms. Each family got the stand in front of the Eternal mirrors together. On our way through the chapel to get to the bus we each got a cookie. They were fresh, warm, and soft. What a perfect evening!


Because of the nice warm tunnels, the only time we were able to see the outside was when we were dirving up to the temple and when we were driving away. When we were boarding our bus to go back to our car, I ran up the sidewalk to snap this shot. What a beautiful building!

4 comments:

Kara said...

So fun to see your pictures and catch up on what you've been doing! You guys have a lot of fun together.

Johnson Journeys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnson Journeys said...

What a fun weekend! We can't wait to see the Draper Temple on March 6th. We're especially looking forward to spending the evening with you guys afterwards. We won't be too sad to escape the Cache Valley cold and snow!

Pistolmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.