Apparently, D.C. wants to be a state.... Can we handle 51?
Yeah, I know, I look like a 'tard. I just really like the fact that I could handle the subway.
So apparently, you're not allowed to take pictures in here. There are no signs, so it must be one of those "unspoken rules" that everyone is just supposed to know. I snapped a shot before I got yelled at. It really was spectacular.
THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER
The Puffy Shirt
Kermit the Frog
The Ruby Slippers!! Did you know they were supposed to be white or something silly like that? The director made them red so they would stand out against the yellow brick road in the film.
In the Smithsonian, a subway exhibit.
One of the several Smithsonians
Looking out one of the windows at the top of the Washington Monument. Now that was a really neat place to go. I highly recommend it.
Look how tall I am in money!!
How it's made....
It's kinda funny that the pictures are actually in better order if you look at them backwards....I always took a picture of the station sign in the subway after we left whatever sight we were at.
The changing of the guard.
This place was amazing. Wendy and I were there pretty much all by ourselves. We were there almost at closing, and we were able to walk through the thousands of graves undistrubed.
A view across the rier.
The eternal flame.
Solemn and beautiful
Another Smithsonian.
Oh. My. Gosh. I HAD to have a pictuer of these old stewardess uniforms. Check out the leggings on the pink one.
Cool bomb....

The white house....through the bars.... just days before the innaguration. Very cool.

Never ending construction. This year was the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth (if I remember correctly) so there was a huge stage going up for honorary programs and things.

Looking up
SUPER zoomed in. Porbably the closest we ever got to the capital. We just didn't have enough time.
Amazing sunset
When it was constructed, this excalator was the largest sinlge-shot escalator in the world. Seriously, I got dizzy looking up and down it.
Huge subway tunnels. This place feels so much more opened than the New York subways.

Church. Very cool old building. I loved it.

THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER



2 comments:
I think you should get a pair of those tights.
I hope I'll see you at TRB next year!
my favorite is the puffy shirt!
Post a Comment