9 years ago
Monday, December 8, 2008
It's been a while
I know it has been a while. A lot has happened, and we're still right in the middle of a lot of stuff!! I haven't been able to download photos yet, and when I do, I'll add more information. For our Anniversary, we went to Seattle with some of Tyler's family. The day was amazingly clear and we could see for miles from the top of the Space Needle. We spent Thanksgiving with Tyler's family in White Salmon, Washington. We haven't been in Washington for Thanksgiving yet, so it was fun! While we were there, the motherboard on my laptop gave out, so I couldn't access anything I needed to do school work and prepare for lectures. I was a little stressed! All this week I've been working from scratch and things haven't gone as smoothly as I would have liked. On Friday I got a call as I left my classes. Tashina is one of my cousins that is closest to me in age and we spent time together when we were younger. Since we've been older, we haven't seen as much of each other, but we keep in touch through blogs and I have always loved reading about her and her adorable little girls. On Friday I found out that her youngest, Cosette, a 15 month old adorable and happy little girl, had been found dead in her bed that morning. From what I know, SIDS was the cause. Tashina and her husband Matt had just celebrated their anniversary, and she is 5 months pregnant. I just couldn't believe it. I immediately thought of her unborn child, and of my little sister and her new son, Corbin. News like this makes me so very scared to be a mom. I have been trying to work up the nerve to call Tashina ever since, but what can I possibly say? I haven't had children, I can't possibly imagine what she must be going through. With all that our society has discovered and invented, with all the advances we have in the medical world, how can there not be more control over the safety of our children, at the very least while they are at home? Because Tyler and I have been considering starting a family in the near future, this event hit me very hard. We have not changed our thoughts on the subject, but I am much more nervous. We live in a scary world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What awful news. I don't know her but am assuming we are related with the "Brink" name. SIDS is one of my biggest fears. Marcus says I am paranoid.
I had a friend lose her son (about the same age) this last summer and someone recommended a blog to her. I checked out the blog and it is really amazing. It is www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com. A woman in Utah writes it and she also lost a little girl this past summer. She is great at writing and expressing what it is like to lose a child. For what it is worth.
Post a Comment