Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The rest of the Thanksgiving Holiday

We spent the rest of our time in Washington in Tyler's home town of White Salmon. Tyler grew up in a tiny little town built in the mountains overlooking the Columbia Gorge. Pretty much every street in his town is a steep hill, and I am pretty sure the only stop light near there is in the next town over. The views are amazing and reminded me a little of Hawaii when Tyler first took me there. While we were there we went with Tyler's family to choose a Christmas tree at the local Christmas tree farm. Here's the one we picked!


Just kidding. This is the one we all chose.

There were 4 men there with us, and all of them fought over who was going to cut the tree down. So, not wanting the boys to get their hands dirty, I grabbed the saw and went to town.



Tyler's dad loves puzzles. So do Tyler and I. So one night while we were all watching a movie we put this one together. Well, mostly Tyler and his dad I guess.....I had never seen the movie before and it got really interesting....
We tried to go on a hike, but this is about as far as we got. It had been raining and the trail was pretty muddy, so we ended up turning back. But we still wanted to commemorate our try!

I love all the green moss.



My parents decided to come to Utah for Thanksgiving....while we were in Washington.....but we did get to see them for a few hours before they flew out. This is a picture of Kaden, John's son. Isn't he growing up so fast? He is just the cutest little kid. OK, I guess it's a tie between Kaden and Corbin!!

2 comments:

Brit said...

loved all you updates! Way to go on cutting down the Christmas tree, that would be fun to do! And I like the idea of doing sealings on your anniversary!

Lisa O said...

Maile you are awesome! That first tree looks just like the one from Charlie Brown's Christmas. Glad you opted for the second one and I love that you just grabbed the saw and chopped it down yourself! Hope you had fun decorating it too.