Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Seattle

We took the entire week of Thanksgiving off and drove up to Washington to spend some time with Tyler's family. For a couple of the days that we were in Washington, we drove up to the Seattle area. Tyler has and aunt and uncle (Dale and Anne) there that he hasn't seen in over a decade, and I have never met. They were SUCH a fun couple! This first picture is of Tyler's dad, Jerry, and his brother Dale, in front of Dale and Anne's house in Clyde Hill, near Seattle.



Their house is just outside of Seattle so Karlette, Bill, Tyler and I spent one of our days driving around town seeing all the fun sites. Tyler and I went to the top of the Space Needle. I hadn't been up there since I was a little kid, and Tyler had never been to the top. Seattle is normally rainy, or at least cloudy, but the skies were completely clear the one day we were up there! Lucky us.
After the space needle we headed over to Pike's Place Market. My parents always took us there when we were little and visited my grandparents. There's so much to see, and such yummy smells!!





The famous pig...


For our Anniversary we went to the Seattle Temple and did sealings. What a fun experience. Definitely worth making a tradition.

After the Temple we went back to Dale and Anne's for one last quick visit before heading back to White Salmon.


We had such a fun time and we were so sad that we were only able to spend 2 days visiting, but we were so very glad that we were able to go! The day we left it rained all day. I still can't believe how lucky we were!!






1 comment:

The Kammeyers said...

Wow, what a fun trip, Maile! Isn't Seattle the greatest?! (OK, next to Portland anyway). :) Glad you guys enjoyed it! And what a fun tradition of doing sealings on your anniversary - a tradition we just might have to adopt. That's awesome!