Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

HOMECOMING FOOTBALL!

So, Tyler and I were given some FREE tickets to the BYU Homecoming football game and a free dinner. We're cheap and broke and can't pass up free. We had worked all morning on a consulting project up in Park City that day. It was cold and windy and even rained and hailed for a time up on the side of the mountain. On our way home we grabbed our tickets, but we REALLY wanted to get home and shower before going to the game. After we got ready and I did my hair all cute, we opened the door to walk to the stadium. POURING RAIN. Of course. I very rarely do my hair. So out we go into the sideways rain with only one umbrella. Poor Tyler let me have it and he just got soaked to the bone. Right about when we got the the pavilion where the free food was, the rain stopped. Once again, OF COURSE. We had tickets to get the food, but when we got to the front of the time they didn't take our tickets which meant everyone and their dog probably got free food. This means we had to wait in line for about an hour to get unseasoned and dry burgers with no toppings (not even ketchup). Yum! I settled for the salt and pepper packets that came with the utensils. (All the good stuff went before we got to the front of the line). The people behind us only got salad so I didn't feel SO bad after they sat down next to us. At least we got food right? And I did get a fudge sickle so it was all worth it. (I just can't seem to resist ice cream, even when I'm FREEZING cold. It's a sickness.) Then we walked over to the game with our "VIP" passes, only to find our seats were in the nosebleeds about 2 rows from the very top. I quickly took off the VIP pass feeling like an idiot. The seats weren't so bad; at least we could see everything. Anyway, we watched BYU get pummeled all through the first half. It was pathetic. Then the halftime show was less than spectacular. I gotta say, I was expecting a lot more for a homecoming game. During the third quarter, when the other team made a 75 yard touchdown, we gave up and walked home in the dark. The game was fun, it only rained a little once we were in the stadium, and the tickets were free. Good enough!



No comments: