Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twilight....Again

So.

Twilight.

Yeah.

Honestly. About Thanksgiving time I was just as skeptical as the rest of you who are rolling your eyes right now. I must say... I started the first book in the series probably 3 or 4 times without getting through the first chapter. And I have done my best to make up for my initial utter disregard by telling everyone I can about my change of heart. I finished all four books within about a week. I was a little miffed that Mrs. Meyers ended them how she did, with so many unanswered questions- but at least all the "really" important loose ends were tied up.

Anyway. I saw the movie the first time with all my family members that had read the books and kept raving about it. I went just to go- you know, following the crowd. I really liked the movie, but I think I was mostly confused a lot. So then I read the books. I remembered a lot of the movie, and how it was quite different than the books, so I really wanted to watch it again once I had all the detail you're intended to have when watching the movie. I have never watched a movie twice in the theater (well- maybe Titanic, but I instantly regretted it) mostly because I don't believe in wasting money on movies like that, they're just as good once they come out on video. BUT, because I had read the books and felt like I missed so much my first time through, I caved and went with some fam to the dollar theater ($3- not like Provo....) in Logan tonight. I must say....read the books first.....

Also, the rest of the theater sounded like they had read the books too, unlike the first time I saw the film (unless I was just too uninformed to notice). They all laughed in places where it made no sense for them to laugh in the movie; spots where it seemed more like an inside joke for the readers. I was more unsettled by the glaring differences, but I appreciated the movie so much more!! I want to go again in Provo....I know, right?!

Anyway, I think it's safe to say I'm a little obsessed. I can't remember the last time I felt like this....about a BOOK!!

No comments: