Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Latest

We had a great holiday. I'll post pictures when we get them all downloaded. We spent Christmas in Washington, and headed to Hawaii the day after Christmas. Luckily the Portland Airport opened just in time for us to fly out- without any problems. The airport was packed with REALLY mad people, but we were able to get right through security and on our plane. Somehow our seats ended up not being next to each other. We didn't realize this until we were in the plane, trying to figure out why some girl was in our seat. Oops. Good thing we didn't say anything before we checked the tickets! That would have been SUPER embarrassing. So we flew to Hawaii and I read the, "Last Lecture" book. I loved it. I balled and laughed out loud. Everyone that was sitting next to me kept looking over in my direction... I also laughed out loud to a SUPER funny commercial they played, if I find it I'll post it. It was a CRACK UP. I've decided that I don't care if I laugh out loud and people stare. If something is funny enough to warrant an out-loud laugh, then let the people stare!!

When we got to Hawaii we got some dinner then went back to the house. We exchanged late Christmas presents, when all of a sudden.... the power went out! Now this wasn't any normal power outage, this was an ISLAND WIDE power outage! The last time that happened was when the earthquake hit a couple of years back. We didn't lose power for a week and a half snowed in in Washington, but we lost power on a normal and clear night in Hawaii. What luck. We were actually pretty lucky because the airport was shut down and all the planes were diverted to other islands. If we'd landed only an hour or so later, we would have been stuck!! Good thing my dad is prepared for World War III, so we got to cook dinner and watch movies. SUPER FUN! Plus we got to play with Corbin again!!

Meagan had all the Twilight books so I didn't waste any time. I started reading New Moon that night with a head lamp, after we turned off the generators. I took the other two books on the cruise. Because I didn't want to miss too much time with family, I didn't get through all of the books. I have 150 in Breaking Dawn left. We had to leave before I finished, so Ty picked it up for my at the library today so I can finish. I'm HOOKED!

But I digress....the cruise was AWESOME! The went to Kahului, Lahaina, and Whalers Village on Maui; Hilo and Kona on the Big Island; and Lihue, Kauai. Hilo was really wet. But seriously- when is it NOT raining in Hilo? And there was a little rain in Lihue, but for most of the cruise it was sunny and warm. Tyler and I got a little bit of a tan. Not tons- but no skin cancer either! The food was great. Isn't that what a cruise is really all about? I love the idea of being able to order EVERYTHING on the menu, and not feeling bad for taking only one bite, realizing I don't like it, and leaving it there. Tyler and I got to try lobster without the high cost, and luckily we realized that we don't like it so we'll never have to spend a ton of money on it!! Woohoo! The week went by way too fast, and before we knew it, we were on a plane back to Utah. Tyler must have forgotten where we were going back to, because he packed his jackets and wore shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Crazy, silly boy. It was about 7 degrees outside when we got home. Last night it was 0 degrees. Lovely. Luckily it's been so stinking cold that there was pretty much no ice on the cars. All the snow stayed snow, so that was nice. It's pretty scary driving around here though.....

So as soon as I get pictures, I'll post some!

P.S. We LOVED everyone's Christmas pictures!!

3 comments:

Maegan said...

I am Will's wife, and I saw your blog and I have to totally agree with you. I am addicted to Twilight as well. The 1st and the 4th books are the best. Hope you guys are well!

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh, Kent and I want to go on a cruise SO bad. We've never even had a vacation just for the two of us since our honeymoon! And that definitely wasn't a cruise :)

Johnson Journeys said...

Your Hawaii cruise sounds wonderful! Eating anything you want off the menu (without looking at the price) is one of my favorite parts about cruising, too. We missed you guys this Christmas, but look forward to seeing you at the cabin this weekend! We've been playing lots of Sequence and Catan, so we can't to play with you again. I look forward to seeing your pictures.