Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yummy dinner

To make myself feel better I needed to make a comfort food from my childhood. I made some home made macaroni and cheese. Brink Family style.

Enough macaroni noodles to feed whoever is hungry (or make leftovers)- about 3 cups dry today
salt and pepper
chopped garlic
2 eggs (roughly 1 per person who will be eating)
some milk (about 1/2 c.)
onion powder (or dry onion- whatever you like)
parsley for color
shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 cups)- more makes it better!
Most of the spices are to taste, so however much you are comfortable with will be just right for your family.

Cook noodles
while noodles are cooking, mix all other ingredients together (reserve 1 c. cheese)
pour cooked and drained noodles into the other ingredients
mix thoroughly
microwave 5 minutes
stir
microwave 3 minutes
stir
add remaining cheese and stir
microwave 2 minutes (or roughly until the grease in the cheese starts to bubble)

ENJOY!!!

This is one of my most favorite meals. My mom used to make it for us when we were little, but sometimes she would make it just for me because she knew how much I loved it. My mom is amazing!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Maile, I'm sorry you had such a rough weekend. I hope things start getting better for you!

Johnson Journeys said...

Sorry you've been so sick, Maile. Hopefully things have gotten a little better since last weekend (now that you've made your comfort food). I love homemade macaroni as well, so maybe I'll make it tonight. Hang in there!

Lisa O said...

I'm always on the lookout for a new great recipe. Thanks for sharing, I'm totally going to try this one!