9 years ago
Monday, November 3, 2008
Well wouldn't you know it....
I guess because I was so excited about my great day, something was going to happen. I've been having a rough week. Because we're so busy, and because my favorite sister and brother-in-law have recently moved away, we didn't get to carve pumpkins or decorate cookies this year. I was really sad about this. Then, I took a math test and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. What math test ever does, honestly? So that was a bummer. On Friday I went to bed, and I slept less than usual. I woke up in the middle of the night with massive stomach pains that just wouldn't go away. I tried to sleep through them, but couldn't. When I finally got out of bed, I tried to eat, but I felt like throwing up. Then I had to go to a really early dentist appointment. I was a little late because I didn't feel so well. When I got there, they doddled as usual. I had overbooked my Friday on accident so I REALLY needed to get out of there on time. The dentist took his sweet time, which normally would have been ok. But not this day. I stood up 3 or 4 times and tried to leave and they talked me back into sitting down and waiting. The dentist was right in the next room, I'm sure he was happy to let me squirm. They finally finished with me and I ran out of there as fast as I could, trying not to throw up at the same time. I raced to school where I was supposed to meet a fellow classmate to take some VERY important readings for a test we were performing, and I was 15 minutes late. We needed to take 30 readings within the first 15 minutes and I missed them. How freaking lame am I. I was so disappointed in myself and I know my classmate was as well. I completely let him down. Then I had to get some homework done for my class, and as soon as I had finished I drove myself to the health center. My stomach pain had moved up to my chest and I was getting a massive headache. The doctor diagnosed me with acid reflux which is much more common and much more painful than I ever would have imagined. He gave me two shots, two pills, and some yucky stuff to drink. Then they watched me for about an hour. When I got up to leave I almost passed out and they had to put me in a wheel chair. I couldn't stand up from the medication. Then we spent the weekend in Logan. I spent the whole weekend doing homework in pain. What a wonderful holiday. Then today I got an e-mail from my boss announcing the search for a new professor to fill my position. As if I didn't already feel as though I was being removed as forcibly as possible. I also missed my good friends thesis defense this afternoon. I'm such a horrible friend. I was so excited to go and support her, and I missed it. To top everything of....maybe I shouldn't.... oh what the heck, only girls read my blog. I'm also entertaining my monthly friend. Yeah for me. Sorry this was such a depressing post. I'm not feeling wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Awww... Maile, I feel your pain! Sorry to hear you've been sick - and then to have all this on top of it? :( Take care of yourself, okay! If you need a Girl's Night Out, I'm only a phone call away. (Ya know, dinner and a chick flick is always a good remedy). :) Big hugs!
I hate days like that... or weeks:). I had a pretty similar day yesterday. The kind where you want to crawl under a rock and never come out.
Hope the week gets better.
wow I am sorry. That really is rotten. But thanks a ton for the idea about the puzzle!
Maile,
1st- I forgave you long ago for missing my defense.
2nd- Soils labs aren't really that important. Trust me. :)
K so I know this was a month ago but somehow i over looked this post so I must say something!! Even though your probably over it. But seriously, when there's a bad day life seems to kick you while your down, I'm so sorry!!!
Post a Comment