Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Info...

  • For those of you who know me well, you know that I've wanted nothing more than to be a mother since I was a little girl. We are SO excited to be having this baby, and because it's been quite a struggle to get to this point, we're even that much more excited!!!!
  • I'm 13 weeks along tomorrow.
  • I've heard the heart beat 3 times (yeah!) and had an ultrasound at 8 weeks.
  • I'm wearing some maternity clothes now, even though I don't really need to, because I'm SO excited to be pregnant, and they really are more comfortable. PLUS, they're cute!
  • I'm due the first week in November.
  • All the immediate family knows, and the blogging world knows, but our extended family doesn't because my mom is hand delivering the announcements later this week. So NO facebook congrats until it's posted there!! :) Also, no one at my work knows (besides my boss) and I'm gonna keep it on the DL for a little longer.
  • The baby's heart rate was 168, and according to my mom and old wives tales, this means we'll be having a girl. EVERYONE I know is having boys. I'm talking 15 friends/relatives who are pregnant right now, so yeah, my chances of having a girl are pretty good ;)
  • We don't care what we have as long as it's healthy, honestly. And, actually, because of my experiences with my older brother Marc, a baby who isn't "healthy" would be loved and welcomed just as much! Heavenly Father would never give us more than we could handle.
  • I was nauseous most of the first trimester, but I didn't throw up once. THANK GOODNESS!
  • Tyler has been absolutely amazing through the whole process. He's constantly asking how I'm doing, and he's so incredibly supportive. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. he reminds me to eat good foods, but regularly offers to run out and get me whatever food item the last commercial made me crave. I have not yet asked him to do this. I expect that NEED for some food will be greater in the next few months, and I don't want him to get tired of me asking him for things ;)
  • I haven't had any "cravings" or "aversions". I've eaten a LOT more pickles lately, but I've always loved pickles. I'm drawn to big salads with lots of stuff in them. I don't like fresh broccoli or green beans as much right now. But I'll still eat pretty much anything!

I can't think of anything else, if you have questions, feel free to ask!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

did you go to dr weibell? what do you think?? congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys. We are really happy for you. We will be in Provo on May 8th? You around then? WOuld love to see you both.

Cassie said...

Oh I'm SO excited for you!! I want every update :)

Amy said...

I'm glad you found a good doctor! I totally know what you mean about getting the peace of mind to go and hear the heartbeat ANY time! I would have my PCP check it anytime I went in there for a check up, and the OBGYN's too.

Erich and Tanis said...

Congratulations!!!

Daniel & Shannon Waggoner said...

Congrats Mai.. I know how excited you are. Girls are so much fun. I know Diana's heartbeat was faster and the second time around this it is fast 167 beats another girl. So, who knows. You would get to have the first granddaughter out of your siblings how fun.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

This is wonderful, congratulations!