9 years ago
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
About Last Night...
So I've reread my post from last night several times. It makes me laugh now. I certainly was frustrated with those ladies. I typically don't mind putting up with them. They're both getting older, neither have ever been married, don't seem to have much going for them, and usually need to vent about themselves rather than actually finding out how I'm doing. I typically don't mind humoring them. However, last night I was overwhelmed with everything I needed to do, and a little shocked that they just showed up expecting to be able to come right on in without asking, or even having called first (5 minutes notice would have given me time to make the house slightly more presentable). I really couldn't believe that they stayed even after noticing that I was in the middle of dinner. Ugh. I don't mean to be a sour puss. It must be the snow that won't seem to go away. Hasn't the winter guys heard it's spring? His part of the contract is up. I want some sun and flowers!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I loved your post. I thought it was hilarious, because I have totally been there with some choice visiting teachers. That seemed like a pretty bad night, so I am glad you vented.
I really don't understand how your from Hawaii yet are in Utah, where winter goes straight in to summer.
You are too cute, Maile! I love your honesty & humor! :) Seriously, I would have been just as ticked off at those ladies! How obnoxious!! In our old ward our home teacher would come by the last day of every month, stand at the door for one minute, hand us some nasty cookies that he'd purchased at the store, ask us how we were doing (without waiting for a response), and then leave... and I know he was counting it as a visit! LAME. I say next month just don't answer the door if they try to pop in on you again. :)
Anyway, we need to get together with you guys soon! Keep in touch! :)
~Lauren
Post a Comment