My little baby is sitting next to me on the couch, where he
climbed up holding his sippy and his “Queen” (Lightning McQueen car) telling
me, “see-down (sit down), no no drop it moke (milk)”. Wow, they sure do grow up
fast! Every day he says more words that I had no idea he knew. Just yesterday,
the new ones were: couch, Pluto (Peet-O), red, and teebee (TV). He knows so
many words I don’t think I could even list them all.
He’s starting to tell me when he poops. Not before, so I know we’re not quite ready
for potty training yet. He still has no idea what his private parts do (or that
they even exist, really), and he’s never even acknowledged when he pees in the
bath, which I would assume would be the first ting he’d notice.
He is getting into EVERYTHING, even cupboards with child
locks. He’s discovered that if he pulls juuuuuust hard enough, the door will
pop open. He’s also learned that if he fiddles enough with the child locks on
doors, they’ll pop off and he can get into ANY room he wants....
While we were at
Grandma and Grandpa Rogers' house last month, he discovered that he was tall
enough to open their fridge and put his sippy on the shelf. He had a blast putting
it in the fridge and taking it back out again.
He LOVES swimming. He even wanted to go swimming in freezing cold Wallowa Lake, he just made sure he told me it was cold first.
He learned how to climb out of his pack and play while
hanging out at Grandpa Ross and Grandma Marian's house. Bummer!
The other day he even wiggled himself out of the straps of
his car seat while I was driving. He was VERY proud of himself until I spanked
his bum and told him that was NOT OK!
He already has some freckles, one on his left cheek, another
just inside his hairline, one on his left calf, one of his left upper cheek,
and one on his left shoulder. I have NO idea why they’re all on the left
side... Not too many, but I definitely notice whenever another one pops up!
His favorite friends are “Meekee Mouth, Minnie Mouth,
Dawn-o, Goopy, Day-thee, and Peete-o”.
He LOVES ice. He will eat any kind of ice ANY time, over ANY
other food, even ice cream and cookies.... If he’s upset or tired, ice will make it
better. Otter pops are a super favorite treat of his.
He says prayers, and since we’ve converted his crib to a
toddler bed (because he’s been jumping out of his crib) he’s been kneeling next
to his bed with us to pray.
He will repeat EVERYTHING we say now, which makes it
difficult to know if he wants something or not. He used to just repeat words
when he heard me say something he wanted. Now he repeats EVERY. SINGLE. WORD!
He sang “Happy Birthday” all on his own! We were at a
birthday dinner for a friend and I had tried to get him to tell this friend
happy birthday, but he couldn’t quite figure it out. We sang happy birthday to
her, then Jaxon and I left. On the way out to the car Jaxon was riding in the
stroller, and I could just barely hear him saying something. As I was putting
him in the car I figured out he was singing the Happy Birthday song, and doing
it quite well!! He must have listened to us all sing and figured it out! The other day when Jaxon was hanging out with Grandma Marian, she took him to swing on the swings near the family fale. He saw the fale (where we have all of our family gatherings for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and monthly birthday parties) and ran over there, stood in the fale, and sang Happy Birthday really loud. Grandma LOVED it!
His most common phrases now a days are, “go get some”, “I see ‘em!” and “hold you” (pick me up!).
He can identify the following motorized vehicles: cars,
trucks, BIG trucks (semi’s), jeeps, vans, boats, planes, copter (helicopters),
kai-cow (motorcycles), bikes, buses, and trains, fire truck, Sign-ahs (anything
with a siren). Whenever he hears a siren motorcycle, helicopter, or plane, he
lets me know it, and he always knows which ones they are!
Jaxon can also “spell” his name! We have his name on his
wall right above his changing table, so whenever I change him I repeat,
“J-A-X-O-N” over and over. He has recently
started to repeat this back, and say it at random times. His version is,
“eth-eth-oh-ehn”.
I can’t believe he’s so big. Time sure does fly. Tyler and I
love him SO much! Even though Jaxon drives me NUTS sometimes.... there are SO MANY TIMES throughout EVERY
single day where I look at him and just think about how smart he is, how
adorable he is, and how incredibly lucky Tyler and I are to have him!! Looking
at his face makes me SO happy!







2 comments:
Oh Maile! You are so BEAUTIFUL in these pictures! Your whole family looks beautiful!
It is fun to see them grow! Where is hs brother/sister
Post a Comment