So OBVIOUSLY I'm pretty far behind, and I don't think I'll try a massive catch-up, just an update.
He whacked his face 3 times in the last week. I was right there to witness all 3! The first time, he thought I was chasing him. He turned and ran, was falling, and went to steady himself on the bench in his room. His hand slipped and he fell, EYE FIRST right on the edge of the bench. He had a big bruise running from top to bottom across his eye socket. It ended with a black eye. The second time, he was sitting next to me while I was talking to Tyler and the phone and looking something up for him on the computer. He reached from something and ended up going head first off the couch, which wouldn't have been that big a deal, except that he had put his lightening mcqueen laptop right below us on the floor. He hit it with the same eye and got a nice gash right below his eye socket. It bled a lot! The THIRD time, he was walking towards the living room table and tripped on his own feet, I guess. He fell forward and slammed his OTHER eye on the edge of the table. Luckily it's not sharp, but he got another big gash, this time almost ER worthy, lots of blood, and another black eye. I swear I DO NOT beat my child.....
He LOVES pianos. He always tries to play the ones at church. He JUST NOW (literally) realized the big brown thing in our living room is a piano. He's playing it and singing :)
He fed himself with a fork for the first time 2 days ago. Well... 2 days ago was the first time I LET HIM feed himself with a fork. I'm sure he could do it before now, I just can't handle the mess!!
He folds his arms during prayer time. We didn't teach him this, he just started doing it one day! I thought he was too young, but he proved me wrong! He will also bow his head and mutter gibberish softly to himself. SO CUTE!
He can say A LOT of words. Every time I try to get him to talk, I forget which ones he can say, so here's a quick list.
tree
window
eye
shoe
car
drive
go
outside
tummy
Jesus
daddy
mommy
grandpa (for both grandma and grandpa at this point)
bath, bathtime
bye
see you later
hi (hiyee!)
oh no!
I don't know
please (me)
What's that!
milk
meow
woof
moooo
bottle
close
open
ball
Sadie (the girl next door, she's his girlfriend ;) she's 6 days older than him)
Charlie (G&G's dog that has been staying with us)
banana
Wheewee (he sure loves his Aunty Whitney!)



1 comment:
Loved the update, Maile! Logan has gone about 2 months now (his longest stretch yet since he's been fully mobile) without any bruises, bumps or scrapes on his head. I'm holding my breath because I know it's just a matter of time before the next one. :( (And of course, it always seems to happen right before some big event or before he gets babysat by Gramma & Grampa). LOL.
Anyway, glad to hear that Jaxon is doing well! Hope you guys are too! :)
Post a Comment