Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

As much nesting as I can do....

So, we're getting a closet in our little one-bedroom apartment. This closet will make a HUGE difference to the amount of space we have, and the way we will be able to arrange our room. Until that closet gets built, we've chosen to keep the baby's furniture in the living room, which makes for some tight living quarters. The kitchen table, which will eventually be against a wall, is currently in the middle of our living room because the crib and changing table are in the way. Once we move things around, we'll have a big opened living room where I plan to have a rug or maybe some squishy mats where the baby can have tummy time during the day.

I've taken some pictures of the baby items I have "ready" and you'll need to excuse the obvious clutter in the background. I'm SO excited for this closet to get finished so I can FINALLY arrange our bedroom the way that it will most likely stay for at least the next 6 months, if not the next year. YEAH FOR PROGRESS!!!

This is the crib. We got this crib at a garage sale for $15 WITH the mattress that looks absolutely brand new. I sterilized everything in preparation for Jaxon's arrival. Because crib bedding is SO expensive, I had decided that we didn't need it. I bought some crib sheets, and that's all we were going to use. When we first got here, I had a little addiction problem with craigslist, and I found this crib bedding on there (never been used) for REALLY cheap. Since I also have an addiction problem with the color brown, and spots and stripes, I honestly didn't have any choice but to buy this crib bedding. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And the sheets I bough (one pictured below) actually match pretty well with the bumper and skirt. When (*if*) we have a girl, I'll throw some pink sheets in there and it will work just as well.


Here's a close-up of the crib bedding. This isn't the sheet that came with the set. The one that came with it is white with brown spots, and I love it too. But I thought I'd try out the other ones to see how they looked.


Here are all the clothes I washed. These aren't all my clothes for 0-3 months. I have TONS of clothes... don't ask me why. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I've wanted a baby for about 8 years now.... Notice there is only 1 green and blue striped sock.... I looked through all the clothes, it's not in there. DANG SOCK MONSTER IN THE DRYER!

When I finally made it to 36 weeks I made this chain to help me pass the time. The blue and green rings bring me to Halloween, which is signified by an orange ring, then we have 5 days of yellow (get ready.....), then white for my due date. I also added 6 red rings to signify the number of days the doctor will let me go overdue before he induces me. We're at 26 days and counting....

Here is the graco travel system we bought. This is pretty much the only thing we bought new because I know how important a car seat is and I didn't want to chance anything. While it WAS new, it was also a really good deal. Toys R Us had a trade- in deal, where if you brought in a car seat or stroller or..... etc. they would give you 25% off a new one. I got a free swing (from craigslist- of course) and we took that in, so this travel system was a REALLY good deal. WOOHOO!!!


In about 26 days (give or take) we'll have another picture just like this, but with a SUPER CUTE newborn strapped in ready to go home!


OK Jaxon, we're READY!!!

3 comments:

Johnson Journeys said...

It looks like you are all ready. Jaxon is lucky little guy!

Johnson Journeys said...

It looks like you are all ready. Jaxon is already a lucky little guy!

Daniel & Shannon Waggoner said...

Mai~ The bedding and crib are cute...I know exactly what you mean about craig's list...I have gotten really good deals off there...I found somebedding that I thought was cute...but then this last time, I actually made a bumper, by the time the materials etc. it comes close to the same cost. It is cute, polka dots (pink, green, blue) with hot pink satin pipping.