So this Monday was pretty darn weird for a couple of reasons.
This first incident....
I had to drive to Salt Lake on Monday for a couple of meetings. I was driving a BYU vehicle. It was a little electric car, so it already doesn't go very fast. I got on the Freeway at University Avenue in Orem at about 11:15. I moved over to the fast lane (not the carpool lane) and went the speed limit. The freeway was pretty empty so I didn't feel bad for ONLY going the speed limit in the fast lane. But getting an electric car to go much faster is pretty difficult. Anyway, a couple of exits later a motorcycle gets on the freeway. He came all the way over to my lane and got right behind my car. Remember, the whole freeway is pretty much empty. I wasn't really sure what was going on, but he got really close to the back of my car and wouldn't back off. I sped up a little, because he was really close to me. Motorcycles already freak me out because the riders are so exposed, they can get hurt so easily. So things were getting really weird. He started flashing me with his brights, like he wanted me to move over. But the whole freeway was empty, and he had come right over to my lane to get right behind me. If he wanted to go faster, he could easily pass me on either side. He got even closer to my bumper, I swear he could have touched it, and I had sped up to about 75. He was flashing his brights more frequently, so I tapped my breaks slightly. I was getting really freaked out that he was driving so dangerously. He still hadn't backed off. Then I started to look a little closer. The bike was pretty wide and the guy was wearing some kind of uniform. His shirt was a tan or light brown color, long sleeved, and he had matching metallic patches on his shoulders and his chest. I got a little freaked. Then all of a sudden he came around the passenger side of my car and started pointing at my car and screaming at my closed window. Then he sped off down the freeway going pretty fast. If he had been a cop, he would have had flashing blue and or red lights, right? And he would have had a marked bike, right? And the cops don't have that color uniform, right? And he CERTAINLY should have pulled me over after my shenanigans, instead of giving up, right? Was this guys some kind of sick freak that was just trying to get me to pull over or what?!? I called Tyler and my mom right away, worried that I'd get pulled over down the road and cuffed and drug to prison. But nothing ever came of it. Has this every happened to anyone else?!?!
The second incident....
So after a full day of meetings and shopping and homework and eating and yadayadayada, Tyler and I went to bed. At 2:45 in the morning we started hearing some pretty loud music. At any other time of the day, the volume probably would have been normal. But at 2:45 AM, we woke right up. I figured it would be one of the neighbors listening in their bedroom, but then we looked out the window. One of our neighbors weirdo roommates was sitting in her car with the windows rolled up, blasting the radio loud enough for us the be drug out of a dead sleep. Now I've been known to sit in my car for a few minutes after coming home, and finishing up a chapter of a book on CD or something like that, but this lady was in her car blasting the RADIO at almost 3 in the morning. She was just sitting there, doing nothing at all. Tyler opened the window and tried to yell down at her a couple of times to get her to turn it down. The radio was too loud. We lay in bed for about 5 more minutes before Tyler got fed up. He wasn't quite ready to go outside, but he went downstairs and flashed the headlights on our car. That was enough to get her attention. The sound went way down for a few minutes. Then all of a sudden the sound went right back up. I lay in bed staring at her through the window, thinking she MUST come to her senses some time soon. I was about to call the cops at about 3 am when she shut off the car, fussed in the front seat for a few seconds, got out with empty hands, went to the back of the car and dug in the truck, putting in and taking out nothing. Did I mention it was 3 am and we live at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon? So it was pretty cold outside and the wind was blowing like a hurricane. This woman was wearing shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt. Then she closed the trunk and walked around the back side of the town homes. VERY weird. That was it. She was gone. It took me two hours to get back to sleep. I woke up exhausted!
Thus ends one VERY weird day...
9 years ago



3 comments:
That is so weird?!?! I'm curious to see if you find out anything about what/who this was?!!?
I found almost everything you mentioned online, the candy factory only does tours monday-thursday (we'll be there on friday). The Wheeler Farm looks promising. The only thing I couldn't find was NPS. Do you have anymore information about it? Is the name just NPS or is that an acronym for something?? Or exactly where it is?? Anyways, thank you for all your ideas!!
Weird!! Glad you're safe, Maile! You guys have a great weekend! :)
~Lauren
yep I agree that makes for a really weird day!
Post a Comment