We started out in Salt Lake on June 24th. We've made our way all the way across the country and almost back. We were in Jackson Wyoming, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and a few days, then through the middle of the country as fast as we could.
On our way we got to see a rodeo in Cody, Wyoming, Devils Tower, and mount Rushmore. We finally made it over to Hershey Pennsylvania, Amish Country, and Gettysburg all in one day. It just so happens that we were in Gettysburg on the anniversary of the war- reenactments!! Washington DC was our next stop. We walked more than 15 miles that day. We spent July 4th in New York city, over 20 miles that day. The day ended when we stood on the Battery Park freeway exit ramp and watched the fireworks over the Brooklyn Bridge. The reverberation off the buildings was just amazing. Can anyone tell me the significance of the picture below?!?!?
We spent the 5th driving around trying to find the "real" site of Woodstock, and then headed North. Thus begins our church history sites tour. For those of you who don't know, we're LDS (Mormon). Our church has a relatively recent (150 year old) history, and all the historically important sites happen to be here in the US, so we have had the privilege of touring them for the past little while. We have over 3000 pictures, and the trip actually isn't even over yet. I'm going to end this blog here for now- I've written more on this blog than probably any of you wants to know. I will continue later- if anyone wants to know more about anything I mentioned above, feel free to ask! We've got TONS of stories!!!



8 comments:
I recognize that picture... I have one just like it - Seinfeld! Glad you guys are having so much fun - what a great summer vacation! I've done a lot of the same things, but have never had the chance to do the church history sites. One day!
SO FUN!! Yeah Tim I am sure would be jealous of that picture! We have every season! Yeah lamos I know. ;)
Sounds like you had a great time! I loved seeing the photos!
Karlette
Yeah so is Tim. about them all being together I mean.
Isn't Mt. Rushmore awesome?! Aaron & I were there in the dead of winter last year - we were pretty much the only tourists in town. Sounds like a fantastic trip, Maile! :)
Maile!! I found your link off of Kim's site. I was so glad when we found each other on facebook, but since I'm a terrible "facebooker" I'm even more excited to see that you've started a blog. Will you make a stop in Rochester or Palmyra? See the Hill Cumorah Pageant? If so, please let me know!! I would love to see you!!
Lisa (Floto) O'Neil
www.brockandlisa.blogspot.com
I can ALMOST read the menu through the window! Someday...That's sweet you've done so much walking and seen so much. How was it getting that RV around in the city? Can't wait to hear your stories next weekend. Miss you guys!
P.S. you should add music on your blog, too!
I don't think I could do an RV trip with either mine or John's family. Too much time in close quarters. It looks like you're having a good time and seeing some cool things. Let us know if you bump into any other of our relatives. :)
Post a Comment